It's been a while... we know. But, we want to give our fans an opportunity to play along with us this month. So how about a sketch challenge with a BIG prize for a few winners? Just jump into our sketch challenge this month and we will send three fans a really nice LYB prize pack that includes our newest colleciton and SOME of our brand new Naturals. Are you game???
I haven't sketched in a while, but I have to say that this one feels really good and has a lot of opportunity to customize or just follow along. Totally up to the beholder and we love to see your creativity with our sketches and products.
Just Because Layout by Liz Qualman
This page came together pretty quickly. I have to admit that I was tempted to use one large 5x7 photo of my kids and call it good, but I love all of the pages I've been seeing with wallet-sized photos. So, I compromised and used the same photo (in a wallet-size) three times to make the same impact with a litte more flair. This picture of my kids really warms my heart, so I probably could have used it six times or more, but I tried some self-restraint - LOL
Have you checked out our new Naturals collection??? It is a must have and I am not just saying that because I work for Little Yellow Bicycle. I would buy these gorgeous embellishments regardless. Look how this burlap heart totally fits in with the bright Just Because color scheme, but adds a little natural texture. I just LOVE it!!! And check out the other hearts you get in the package with this one... could have used any of them on this page.
Can you even stand another minute without these Naturals blue canvas letters that remind me of denim? They were such a fun element to add to my page. Not to mention that they come in other colors...
Little Yellow Bicycle Products:
Here are the rules:
1. You may use the sketch any way you please (turn it upside down, on its side, or use it as is).
2. You must use at least 75% Little Yellow Bicycle product, from ANY of our collections (We like to see the new stuff, but we have so many great collections, that we basically just like to see our stuff).
3. Your work must be your own! ;)
Here's how to enter:
1. You may enter by posting your layout to LYB's Facebook Page - please post it in the Album titled "February Sketch Challenge 2013".
2. If you're not a Facebook user, you still may enter, by emailing a photo of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and Liz will post your project to our Facebook Wall. Please include your mailing address - so we have it in case you win!
3. All entries must be received by midnight EST on Sunday, February 24, 2013.
Here's the fun part ... the prizes!
1. We will select THREE finalists. All of the finalists will win a prize.
2. We will post the finalists to our Facebook Page and Blog for you to VOTE on your favorites.
3. You'll have a week to vote (one vote per person).
4. The grand prize winner will win $50 in LYB product including some of our brand new Naturals. The runners up will each receive $25 in LYB product!
**Due to shipping costs, prizes may vary depending on where you are in the world.
We cannot wait to see what our crafty friends come up with and we hope this gives you a little inspiration to kick off your weekend.
Remember, you can buy all of the Just Because and any other recent LYB collections from our online store and our shipping department is super speedy...