Ready for another sketch challenge? We can't rightly wrap up that last challenge without starting a new one. We mentioned that Little Yellow Bicycle had some exciting things in store for 2012 and one of the things we are committed to is some kind of challenge to keep our fans busy each month. We know a lot of people like to use sketches, but it would be awesome if you could tell us if there are other challenges you would like to participate in? Just leave us a quick comment with some ideas and we will start thinking about how to make it happen.
With many of our collections, we include Tear Out Ticket journaling cards, which is one of the focal elements on this sketch, but we also love to see how our fans use our paper flower kits. Each of our examples include some of those elements with a few special twists on Little Yellow Bicycle products.
I love how the Saturdays collection can easily be used for either gender, but I keep channeling masculine pages. I just love the pops of red in this collection and how it is grounded in blues and browns, which I think are perfect for stuff that guys like to do. This is my husband and our son hiking, and then a smaller picture of our campsite. I also happen to be enthralled with velvet embroidery floss, because the texture is so rich and soft. Please come check out my blog for more detailed photos of this page - My Little Sketch Blook.
But wait...look at how Cycling Team Member Robbie Herring interpreted the sketch with a very feminine page using our Saturdays collection. She combined both our paper flower kit with our felt flowers for a really beautiful and eye catching page! Love how Robbie dressed up her banners with a bit of baker's twine. Please visit her blog Just the Scrap for more details.
Cycling Team Member Kristine Berc really pushed the boundaries of the sketch using our Paradise collection. Instead of the stitched border, she incorporated a "homemade" die cut paper and then concentrated the paper flowers in one area on her layout. She also added one of the smaller Tear Out Tickets on her page. Please visit Kristine's blog A Stash of Pretty Paper for more details.
Cycling Team Member Heather Leopard also used our Paradise collection to make her version of the sketch. She incorporated a number of the Tear Out Tickets on her page and then used our paper flowers to make her own prize ribbon. What a clever idea! Please visit Heather's blog The Spotted Leopard for more details.
We cannot wait to see what you do with the sketch this month.
Here's the rules:
1. You may use the sketch any way you please (turn it upside down, on its side, or use it as is).
2. You must use at least 75% Little Yellow Bicycle product, from ANY of our collections (We like to see the new stuff, but we have so many great collections, that we basically just like to see our stuff).
3. Your work must be your own! ;)
Here's how to enter:
1. You may enter by posting your layout to LYB's Facebook Page - please post it in the Album titled "February/March Sketch Challenge".
2. If you're not a Facebook user, you still may enter, by emailing a photo of your entry to email@example.com. Please include your mailing address - so we have it in case you win!
3. All entries must be received by midnight EST on Saturday, March 24, 2012.
Here's the fun part ... the prizes!
1. We will select THREE finalists. All of the finalists will win a prize.
2. We will post the finalists to our Facebook Page and Blog for you to VOTE on your favorites.
3. You'll have a week to vote (one vote per person).
4. The grand prize winner will win $50 in LYB product. The runners up will each receive $25 in LYB product!
**Due to shipping costs, prizes may vary depending on where you are in the world.
Cannot wait to see what you all create. We will be back tomorrow with another project from our Saturdays Guest Designer Corrie Jones - stay tuned!