What a fun day it has been - I just love giving away the prizes! After a week of intense (and extreeeeeeeemely close!) voting, it's time to announce the winner of our Cupcake Love sketch challenge *insert drumroll here* ...
Congratulations Misty Willis!
You're the Winner!
And seriously, congratulations to Robbie and Gretchen as well - those layouts are all just amazing. Let's all give them a hand. No, really. Go ahead and clap. I just did. Really! OK Thank you, and great job ladies! [Please send your mailing information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Cupcake Love Sketch Challenge Winner" in the subject line and we'll get those prize packs right out to you!]
We had SO much fun seeing your submissions for Cupcake Love, we decided ... what the heck? Let's do it again! And the lovely Liz Qualman was kind enough to whip up another sketch, just for Twig. [Thank you Liz!].
And here's what Liz had to say....
This was such a fun page to create. I love the earthy colors of the Twig collection. My family spends a lot of time playing outside and the blues, browns and greens are a wonderful palette to capture these beautiful moments, especially for these photos of my daughter lying in the grass.
We would love to see what you can do with this sketch! Turn it on its side, flip it over or add embellishments in unique places. The sky is the limit on how creative you can be....
To inspire you a bit more, below are a few details about how I used some of the wonderful products in the Twig collection to make my page extra special.
The loose journaling cards are beautifully detailed and perfect for capturing your thoughts. I used the prompts on the card to respond about my daughter and I really appreciate how the jouranling cards encourage you to use your own handwriting. Then, I dressed it up with a Flower Button Dot and a Glittered Chipboard Leaf.
I just adore the Dimensional Stickers with Glitter Accents, because the butterflies are absolutely gorgeous and add so much movement and texture to a project. I simply inked the edges and added some Jewel Stickers for the body. The Mini Banners also add just the right amount of fun to a page and I love how they are already pop-dotted and ready to go.
Twine seems to be the perfect compliment to the Twig collection. I wrapped some around my photos a few times and used one of the Chipboard Buttons as a clasp. Isn't it adorable how the design of the buttons are the growth rings from a tree?
So here are the rules:
- Use Liz's sketch as your guideline. Feel free to make it your own, flip it, stand it on its head, have fun!
- Please submit your layouts to "email@example.com" or post on LYB's Facebook Wall.
- Contest runs from now until February 28th.
- Submissions should be 75% from the Twig collection - OR - you may choose another LYB collection.
- Liz will choose three finalists (two from Twig submissions, one from all others) on 2/28/11. Each of the finalists will win a $25 prize pack from the Elizabeth Park collection.
- You'll get to vote for your favorite from among the three finalists. The grand prize winner, who receives the most votes based on your voting on our blog and Facebook page, will win a $50 prize pack!